12 October 2006

Kniphofia 'Little Maid'

What a tough little beauty this is. Flowers reliably no matter the conditions; rain or drought it really doesn't care too much. I began with one plant and have now grown a long row underneath a Silky Oak, plus placed clumps strategically throughout the garden. In this particular spot I wanted the combination of yellow and orange the tree and the pokers made at this time of the year. I had a row of dear little pokers in front of this which were a lovely orange, called Kniphofia 'Orange Butter', but most of them died during the last dry spell. I still have a few so the potential for increasing and building on my theme is still there.

After the pokers finish I have little orange and yellow Cosmos self sowing through. They are lovely too. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment