13 August 2006

Another native flowering at the moment is Hardenbergia violacea. I am rather puzzled as to why the kangaroos don't eat this one, which is growing naturally in our bush, but they have eaten the ones which I bought from the nursery and planted in my garden! Why? My poor little bought ones can't manage to keep any new leaves on their skeltonised frames. As they valiantly try to put out each new leaf it is eaten over night. The only evidence a pile of little kangaroo poos, just to show everything digested nicely thank you very much.

My darling husband pointed out the resemblance of each flower to the cartoon character from our childhood, Yosemite Sam, big hat, cross eyed look and huge moustache. Look at a close up of the flower and you will see what he means. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment